At Diamond Civil, we pride ourselves on quality workmanship.
We provide the highest quality work, with a focus on clear communication with our clients to ensure that the customer’s requirements and expectations are exceeded.
We make no compromises on safety and quality and our well maintained plant and equipment assists in ensuring this is achievable.
Diamond Civil came about from the new ownership of the well established business, Diamond Services.
In late 2008, an opportunity was identified to merge the electricity network experience of Diamond Services with the telecommunications and business experience of the new owner.
Key Staff Attributes
Ian Wood, Managing Director
28 years experience in the Telecommunications and Electricity industries in Wellington, with extensive knowledge and experience in all aspects of Telco outside plant work, specialising in fibre optic network design and construction, in both the Rail and Road reserve environment, plus business, contract, finance and project management experience in the Telecommunications and Electrical Network industries.
Wayne Hale, Construction supervisor.
28 years experience in the installation and construction of underground electricity distribution networks. Extensive experience working around live underground services.
Existing Major Customers
- Kiwirail Networks
- Invensys Rail Australia
- Online Communications
- FX Networks
- Invensys Rail, Australia- Civil works and cable hauling for Wellington Rail Yard, Distant Junction project. This included installation of backbone and local signalling cables, installation of signals and bases, trenching and laying of ducts, construction of a building foundation, and installation of manholes for new installations and over existing services.
- Ontrack Infrastructure- 450m of trenching and installation of 6 way ductline in the Wgtn Rail yard, plus assorted installation of ducts under railway lines, including one 30 way duct line beneath the three main lines into Wellington.
- Fletcher Higgins Joint Venture- Street lighting and power cable trenching and hauling for Dowse to Petone upgrade project on SH2.
- Northpower- Ongoing maintenance work on the underground power distribution network- mainly installation of underground cabling and berm substations.
- Ontrack Infrastructure- installation of 150m of 6 way duct line and manholes in the most congested part of Wellington rail yard.
- Ontrack Infrastructure- cable locates, markouts and protection. Cable hauling and maintenance. Minor telecommunications and signals network construction projects.
- Invensys Rail Australia- Installation of signal bases, cable pits and all associated civil works for installation of the new signalling system on the double tracking project between. Mackays Crossing and Waikanae. Also installation of 17km of backbone power cable and installation and jointing of 17km of fibre optic cable and construction of a concrete foundation for a Portacom building and 10ft container for the stand-by generator set.
- Kiwirail NSJ project. Install temporary ducting and cables throughout NSJ section (attached to railway tunnel roofs). Decommissioning of temporary services once permanent network in place- also included repairing substandard work completed by other contractors.
- Excavation, hauling, jointing and testing on the Ultrafast Broadband project. Subcontracted to Downer Engineering.
- Installation of pits and ducting, plus cable hauling, splicing and testing of fibre optic cable for Kiwirail CTC Upgrade project between TeHoro and Longburn.
Plant, equipment and resources
We have well maintained plant and equipment. Our major plant items are ;
- 5.5T excavator on rubber tracks
- 5.5T excavator on steel tracks
- 3T excavator on rubber tracks
- 1.5T excavator on rubber tracks
- 2x 10 yard tip trucks
- 5T tip truck
- 4WD Hiab truck
- 4x vans (3 of them 4WD)
- 26m3 tool truck
- Cable jinker
- Cable hauling equipment
- Fibre optic jointing and testing equipment
- Compactors, cut-off saws, traffic management etc
- Established connections for hire equipment of all types
- Access to additional skilled staff